Saturday, January 29, 2011

VS 2h english compo(something that took place in school)

                                            Singapore Youth Festival Trials
I had been practicing in secondary 1 level for many different competitions and performances but nothing could compare to the Singapore Youth Festival(SYF).It has been my dream to take part in the SYF ever since I knew about it when I joined the Victoria School Concert Band(VSCB). I play the clarinet as a member of the band hoping to surpass my seniors in their skills in playing the clarinet.

We were told to practice as hard and as much as possible as they would give us an assessment on our choice piece "El Camino Real" composed by the famous composer Alfred Reed who composed many other pieces such as "Greensleeves".
     Our Choice Piece












                                                                                                 Greensleeves
We were using our last few minutes to practice our choice piece. I was first to undergo the trials. As i stepped into the room the low temperatures of the room chilled my pressurized body to the bone. I lifted my instrument up and started to play. After my turn, my other friends went in, after everyone had their trials, we had to wait for the results. I kept my fingers crossed hoping that I would pass the trials.

The results were out everyone was hoping that their name would be on the list. Luckily I saw my name on the list but many other people did not make it past the trials and were not allowed to play in the SYF.

Now I know that hard work really pays off, hopefully this would be a lesson to those who did not make it past to work harder in the future.

1 comment: